(Junior) Street Lighting Expert
Engie Laborelec - Fulltime (40 uur) - Linkebeek (Belgium) or Maastricht (The Netherlands)
(Junior) Street Lighting Expert
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialised engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D’s - decentralisation, decarbonisation and digitalisation.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralised or decentralised, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME’s, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialised expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialised services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
Laborelec’s ISO17025 accredited and manufacturer-independent Lighting Department conducts tests and measurements on all light sources for industrial, tertiary, and street lighting applications. We also carry out audits, provide expert advice, and provide technical specifications for customers inside and outside the Engie Group. We always search for new technologies, test and evaluate them and then provide service and support for implementing new technologies in the most efficient way. The Laborelec Lighting team is looking for an expert who wants to develop his/her career in the field of street lighting. This expert will work on Lighting R&D projects at Laborelec and provide technical support for the development of Smart Public Lighting projects in the different Engie’s Business Units (BU) around the world.
- Work on Lighting R&D projects at Laborelec in the following domains:
- Evaluation of new lighting technologies with the support of the Laborelec’s accredited laboratory
- Development of methods and tools to enhance the accuracy and speed of Street Lighting masterplanning
- Development of Smart Cities solutions linked to street lighting network by collaborating with experts in other domains (IoT, IT, GIS,…)
- Development measurements devices for lighting applications
- Development of tools and methods for LED Lifetime assessment
- Support technically Engie’s BUs to win Street Lighting tenders by :
- Translate fundamental R&D knowledge in to practical solutions and advice for customers.
- Performing initial project assessments (analysis of the first energy savings potential and economic feasibility, test reliability of available data,…)
- Supervising and performing lighting audits and inventories of current street lighting installations, for example dynamic road lighting measurements
- Evaluating the current condition and performance of installations and calculate energy savings potential for the project
- Designing (at high level) the street lighting installations and participating to the elaboration of the Lighting Masterplan
- Applying standards and local regulations, participation in national and international standardisation committees
- Selecting the best technologies to ensure the optimal renovation and maintenance strategies for ENGIE’s offer in order to meet the urban, security, energy efficiency and economic requirements of cities
- Develop a network within this competence domain inside and outside the Engie group.
- You will work in the office of Engie Laborelec in Maastricht (NL), Linkebeek (BE), or Chile.
- Engineer in Electricity, Electro-Mechanics or Lighting
- Experience in the street lighting domain or technical knowledge in lighting is an advantage
- Languages: English is mandatory. Additional languages (Dutch, French, German, Spanish…) strongly preferred.
- Project management skills (setting up and follow up of a plan)
- Capable to combine R&D work with operational support and consultancy
- Ability to handle multiple projects in parallel, manage stakeholders and deliver on time
- Hands-on mentality
- Team working
- Willingness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and proficient delivery of presentations.
- Open to perform short missions in Europe and in the rest of the world (typically 2-4 days per month)
- a competitive salary, supplemented by numerous benefits
- a wide range of training and development opportunities
- a healthy work/life balance, and
- an exciting career in a leading competence centre, with prospects within the ENGIE group, the international energy player of which Laborelec is part.
Your HR contact:
Eline Blanc, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laborelec BELGIUM (Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek) or Laborelec NEDERLAND (Amerikalaan 35 6199 AE Maastricht Airport)
Stuur je sollicitatie naar: email@example.com